If your judgment or physical ability is or becomes impaired, it is important to obtain the best care option for you to maintain as full a lifestyle as possible.

The court is able to appoint a person (conservator) for you (conservatee) when you are unable to either care for yourself (conservator of the person) or make financial decisions (conservator of the estate). The conservator can be a relative, friend or a licensed professional.

To create a conservatorship, a petition is filed with the court, which explains why the proposed conservatee is unable to fulfill basic personal needs, as well as states that other alternatives are either not available or practical.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.